We see chipping/flaking of the coating more often due to overheating of the pan. This can happen after putting the pan directly on high heat or by heating it up when empty. To prevent your cast iron pan from chipping, we would like to point out the following care & usage instructions:
- Heat the pan slowly, not directly at the highest setting. For induction, for example, setting 3.
- Do not heat the pan without oil/butter.
- Do not leave the pan on the highest setting of the induction or ceramic hob for too long. Frequent use at the highest setting will cause the non-stick coating to wear out quickly.
- Do not place the pan back on the still warm heat source.
- If you stack the pans on other pans, always use a protection between the pans so that they cannot damage each other.
Should your cast iron pan show signs of chipping, please contact our customer support. We will help you to find a solution.