We recommend using oil or butter.
- We recommend to use oil or butter. Remember, some oils and fats burn at lower temperatures. Use oils and fats that have a high smoke point, like refined olive oil, peanut oil, corn oil and (clarified) butter.
- Do not use extra virgin olive oil as it cannot withstand high heat and is not suitable for frying. It will leave a thin carbonised layer on your non-stick that is difficult to clean
- Do not use any type of oil sprays, including aerosols, mist and pump sprays. These sprays can cause residue build-up that is difficult to remove from all types of cookware.
Articles in this section
- Can I use my cast iron cookware in the microwave?
- Do I need to season my enamelled cast iron cookware?
- Can I put my cast iron pot or pan in the oven?
- What do I do if a lid vacuum occurs?
- How to use your cast iron KitchenAid pan on an induction hob
- How to avoid and eliminate stains on your induction hob?
- Which oils or fats should I use in my cast iron KitchenAid pans?
- How to make optimal use of your KitchenAid cast iron cookware?